According to a survey that was carried out by the Data & Marketing Association, 99% of consumers check their email everyday. Similarly, the research of Content Marketing Institute also shows that 40% of marketers consider and admit that email marketing has played a very vital role to their content marketing success.
The thing that most people do when they want to start building an email list is to put an optin form on their website and then hope that people can sign up. Unfortunately, this strategy usually is very slow and it does not work very well.
For you to grow your email list, you need what will attract people with a mouth watering or compelling offer. You will be needing what is called a lead magnet.
Lead Magnet Blueprint
What is a Lead Magnet? A lead magnet (a.k.a. an optin bribe) is something that is awesome that can be used as a give away for free in exchange to get their email address. It does not have to cost you anything at all to create; most of the lead magnets are mainly digital materials like Videos, MP3 audio files, PDFs, that you can create yourself at no cost or a minimal cost.
It can be absolutely whatever you want or what comes to your mind, just as long as it provides value to your visitors for free.
These Are Some Popular Lead Magnet Examples Here:
2. White papers or case studies
3. Quizzes or a self-assessment
4. A cheat sheet of tips or resources
5. A coupon
6. A webinar
7. Free trials or samples
8. A free quote or consultation
9. The possibilities are endless!
If you need even more lead magnet ideas, you can check out some other list of lead magnet ideas to grow your email list.
What Makes a Good Lead Magnet?
You already know that a lead magnet need to provide value for free. But if you want your own lead magnet to stand out and have a high effect, below we have listed 5 criteria for you to consider:
1. Easily consumed: Lead magnets are only effective when they are used by the audience, so if you are delivering a 300 page manifesto, you will not gain traction.
2. Actionable: Lead magnets need to provide a tool that is an actionable tool, a skillset, or a useful information that will enable your audience to apply.
3. Creates noticeable improvement: People will still continue to purchase products and services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become a successful tool if it has valuable as your products and services.
4. Relevant: If you have finished your homework about your prospects, you will have no issues at all coming up with a lead magnet subject that can solve problems.
5. Immediately available: People love it when they get instant gratification, so you can give it to them right then and there. You can still check out more ways to deliver a lead magnet or you can map out ways on how easy it will be to get your lead magnet out there.